It only occurred to me the other day that there are some things I eat that are quite strange. I’m not talking about eating haggis or bugs on a daily basis but the little things, like maybe eating Vegemite on its own straight from the jar.
Yes, I eat Vegemite out of a jar.
I also eat a few other strange things, which absolutely must come from my Dad. I mean, he likes apple sandwiches!
I want to open up a Pandora’s Box of weird and wonderful combinations, quirky habits and downright strange foods! Lets put it all out there! Perhaps you love a strange but delicious sandwich concoction? When I told my roommate about my plans for this post she replied with, “When I was in Indonesia, we tried banana and cheese sandwiches, they were quite tasty!”
So here goes, no judgement (please!), my quirky foodie indulgences:
- Roasted pumpkin skins (I just love to fry them or roast them and eat them as a snack).
- The bones out of a tin of salmon (I swear mum tole me they were full of iron?).
- The cream on top of fresh milk (I only buy milk with cream on top for that very reason).
- Frozen peas (afternoon treat anyone?).
- Raw sausages (Yes! I know…but a small mouthful won’t hurt!).
- Tomato sauce sandwiches (I went through a massive phase in high school, its all I brought to school).
- The crumbs in a pan from grilled lamb chops (I used to fight my brother for these growing up, behind mums back).
- Frozen white bread (can you tell I like frozen things?).
- Egg flips (OK, not so strange, but some people have a complex about me drinking raw egg!).
- Bacon rind (sometimes Dad and I cut it off, then fry it until its super crispy)
So there it is, I said it! There is probably a lot more than listed above but its a good start.
What do you like to eat/indulge in that may be a bit strange to others?