Blondies are one of my go-to baked goods. They are always received well and I’m often asked for the recipe.
My favourite combination is cherry and almond.
- 400g white chocolate
- 150g butter
- 4 eggs
- 250g brown sugar
- 200g almond meal
- 90g plain flour
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 200-300gm of nuts, chocolate or fruit
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Line a baking pan (rectangular).
- Melt chocolate and butter.
- Set aside to cool.
- Stir vanilla into the butter/chocolate mixture.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar together until thick.
- Add butter/chocolate mixture to the eggs and sugar.
- Fold in sifted almond meal and flour.
- Fold in your extra bits.
- Pour into the lined baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- They are best left in the fridge overnight before cutting them up.
The combination I made for this post was cherry and Bounty, so a little bit like Cherry Ripe. The Bounty didn’t quite work as expected, but you could definitely get the coconut and cherry.
PS. They make a pretty good gift!